Apr 16, 2011

4/4/2011 - 8/4/2011

Bobbie A. Arizona, USA 
Alcoholics Anonymous has given me many tools in the 33 plus years I have been a member of this wonderful Program.  To carry the message to another alcoholic is my privilege.  What works for me when I cannot attend a meeting is:    Talking to another alcoholic who will not judge me is my key to freedom, and when nobody is available I ask the God of my Understanding to give me a strong heart to withstand the urge to drink or use prescription drugs.
 My household wants you to know that we are thinking of you and praying for the Peace of the Program to help you stay sober.  Keep on Keeping On!
With love, Bobbie A.

Lyle A. Arizona, USA
Sharing my feelings and pain with another recovering Alcoholic is essential to my recovery, we can help each other by following the simple steps found in the Big Book of Alcoholic Anonomus. I will seek out my friends in the program and get togenter with them. Remember, a meeting is where two or more Alcoholics get toghther and share their recovery. One Day At A Time!

Claudia Black Washington state, USA 
To our dear friends of Japan..... our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Times such as this allow people to discover their strengths they never knew they had and yet can certainly be overwhelming as well.  You are strong, you have met the challenge of your addiction.... you know what it means to ""not have control""  you also know what it means to put one foot in front of the other..... to have faith....to join with others..... and to stay focused on the present.... nothing, nothing is worth taking that fix, using alcohol..... now is the time to be grateful for your recovery.......you need it more than ever.  With my love, Claudia Black

Claudia Black Washington state, USA 
To the Caregivers, the volunteers - you are as important as those you are attending to. It is times such as this that coming together to be there for others is so important, but allow your colleagues and friends to be there for you too.  Individually and collectively you are there for the long run, so you must stay healthy yourself.  Pace yourself the best you can.   And know you are human, and can only do so much-- and certainly feel good about waht you can do.  You are so appreciated. Sincerely,
Claudia Black, PH.D.

Charlie Nelson San Diego, California USA
I am an addict and alcoholic with 29 years of recovery.  In 2003 a firestorm swept over San Diego and 2500 homes and entire communities were burned to the ground.  Numerous people died. When the fire happened, I was at the Betty Ford Center training their staff on how to deal with people in trauma.  I received a phone call saying I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home as a large fire was approaching my neighborhood.  Since the Betty Ford Center is more than two hours away, I didn't get back in time.  My house and 350 other homes just in my neighborhood were completely gone.  When the authorities let us come back to the community four days later, we discovered that there was absolutely nothing left our home, including our pet, our cars, our photographs and movies of our children, our personal mementos, everything.  People began calling us asking if there was anything they could do to help.  We initially turned down the assistance and then realized we couldn't do it alone.  We opened ourselves to the opportunity to receive such help and as a result nearly a hundred friends and fellow recovering addicts and alcoholics showed up at our property and helped us sift for anything in the rubble that could be salvaged.  Although nothing was found, what was discovered was the value of friends and our loving supportive recovery community!  May you find solace in your bond with others living through not just the destruction of their community, but recovering from the wreckage resulting from their past addiction to alcohol and drugs.  That is where peace and resilience can be found.
Charlie N.

Betty Washington USA  
Our thoughts are with you. We know  that you will keep your courage, sobriety, and self confidence that you will sustain your committments to yourself through this MOST difficult time.
We are all in shock, support and I get tearful when thinking of the horror .
I have just heard there was yet another quake today. I worry for each of you!
Please know that you are in our thoughts, hearts and minds!
Keep you values, keep your strength, keep your sobriety, keep your love for each other and yourself! You will see a rainbow.

Jack F washington state USA 
 There is an extraordinary bond that exists between members of Alcoholics Anonymous and this is particularly evident in times of crisis.  When a member is close to relapsing we always step forward and do what is necessary to be of support and when fellow members are stricken with tragedy, such as that that occurred in Japan, we respond in any way that we can.  Our responses may take the form of prayers, donations and letters of support. I, personally, experienced this support when I had a medical crisis in 1985.
  In 1982 I celebrated 10 years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous and life was very sweet. I had the most wonderful wife, was a regular at my gym and was doing the work that I loved. I attended many meetings and was involved in many aspects of A. A. service work. Tragedy struck in 1983 and I was diagnosed with incurable leukemia. I was hospitalized many times in the next year and the doctors gave me six months to live. As a final attempt to slow down the cancer, surgeons removed my spleen. I was very sick and weak, weighed less that 100 pounds and prospects of recovery were dim. As I lay in my hospital bed I would drift in and out of consciousness and when I was aware of my surroundings I would find a member of my A. A. home group by my bedside holding my hand offering support and prayers. I was most fortunate to survive my leukemia because of my involvement in a research program that worked on my form of cancer but the wonderful support and prayers of my fellow A. A. members played a huge role in giving me the resolve to recover from my illness.
  I want my fellow members of Alcoholics Anonymous in Japan who are suffering the aftereffects of the earthquake to know that we here in the U.S. are “holding your hand” by prayer and support.
  With love,
Jack F.

Debra Rincon Lopez Portland, OR USA 
I support all those in RECOVERY, I suffered with Addiction for 34 yrs. I am now living Sober lifestyle. It's hard work but if you really want it you can achieve it no matter what else is going on around you! I will stand by that!

1 comment:

  1. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete